WDAY: The News Leader

Published May 05, 2014, 05:41 PM

Parents of missing NDSCS student ask him to come home

Wahpeton, ND (WDAY TV) - 20 year old Andrew Sadek disappeared late last week, and has not been seen since.

By: Kevin Wallevand, WDAY

Wahpeton, ND (WDAY TV) - 20 year old Andrew Sadek disappeared late last week, and has not been seen since.

Monday, the search expanded.

The Sadeks have already endured one tragedy in their family losing another son in a car-train accident in 2005.

Now, their only child is missing, gone with no solid reason why.

When John and Tammy Sadek left Barnes County today for Wahpeton, they had only one reason; to bring back their son, Andrew.

Tammy Sadek/ Andrew’s Mom: “We love you and we want you and need you to come home. Everything will be okay.”

An emotion draining day for his parents; no reason why their son would just disappear.

John Sadek/ Andrew’s Father: “We love you and we want you home with us everything will be okay. I need you come home and help me with the cows, your cow, Mystery, needs you is going to have a calf soon.”

And for the family so many unknowns, countless searches and still nothing. A caring couple that just wants him back.

Tammy: “If anyone knows about Andrew or where he may be and I think someone does out there follow your heart and do what god is telling you to do tell someone who can help.”

Friends gathered on the campus of NDSCS, baffled.

Alex Miller/ Andrew’s Friend: “Why, why would he do this so close to graduation?”

While the campus police simply could not provide any clue as to the where and whys.

Sgt. Steve Helgeson/ NDSCS Police: “Everything seemed to be fine, no red flags, no, nothing, that is what is making it so difficult for us in law enforcement, I mean.”

The whole ordeal, leaving John and Tammy Sadek distraught and frightened.

Tammy: “Would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers, can't underestimate the power of prayer.”

Campus police say, in talking with friends and family of Andrew, there was no indication he was distraught, depressed, intoxicated or experiencing any medical issues prior to his disappearance all adding to the confusion surrounding the case.